Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yogurt? Sure, I'll try some


This summer I had the privledge to work i a very diverse atmosphere at HP building computers on an assembly line. This one lady named Mira Gupta was an immigrant to the states from India. One day at or lunch break, Mira was eating this crazy smelling yogurt. This came to no surprise because she always was eating something that almost made me sick to my stomach just by the smell. Unfortunately, Mira did not speak very well english. I asked her if what she was eating was a type of yogurt. She said, "yes, very delicous, you try?" After her offering, I did not want to be rude, so I gladly took my spoon and dived on in. You know that feeling you get when you realize that you just did something that may change your life forever? I got it, except it wouldnot change my life, just give me a really tough day in the bathroom. It was hotter than a red pepper. It had the texture of glue, and had a very strong taste of sour milk mixed with like a green peas taste. I hope you can not even imagine that taste because it is one that will possibly make you vomit. So I have learned my lessson. When I do not know what it is, who cares, don't ask.
I believe that people have such drastic difference in food selections because of basic evolution. Not like monkey into human evolution, but change on a smaller level. When someone is young, thier taste buds are not developed. Then when they do start eating they start developing, and adapt to what is being eaten. Cultures use what is available to them. This is where all the different types of foods come from. Globalization has a huge influence on food across the globe. Just look at McDonalds. It's every where.

No comments:

Post a Comment