Thursday, April 30, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End


At the current moment I am weeping aloud about the ending and last post of the Geography blog. The time went so fast. But my momma always said that time flys when your having fun. I suppose that is a good thing then. I really enjoyed the class because it was more than just book knowledge. Having people actually coming in and talking about thier own real experiences in areas that we were studying and discussing in class. Real perspectives are always better than facts that are just read about in a book. Also, the professor was not afraid to expand the material as long as it some how related back to the topic at hand.

Unfortunatley, in the class we only had time to skim the surface of the different regions of the world. I found out alot of different things, and realized just how interesting the world is when I step outside my bubble of the United States perfect society that I live in. The U.S. is veiwed to be the best place in the world because of the freedom and government that run it. Yet other cultures around the world have so much to offer as well. It may not come in the form of money, but beauty of the landscape, personality and culture of the people, and the oppertunity of travel are all very incentive things. Also, as a Christian, it gave me a good look to see where the dominant world religions are found, and what countries predominatley focus on as thier national religion. There are so many places that one can go to mission the good news of Jesus Christ.

Geography has been a very succesful class. Unfortunatley for me I have struggled on the tests and now find myself in a ver clutch situation. It is time to buck up and do what I have to do to cut the grade I need. So at the current moment I have to go study. Hope you enjoyed my blogging skills this semester. I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment