Thursday, April 30, 2009

Not So American After All







I used world profiler to find out where exactly my name was from, and possibly my ancestors. To get a real view of this, I looked up my last name (Griedl), but also my moms maiden name (Griffith). The results I found is that my last name is found mostly in Germany and Sweeden. There is a little scattering of the name throughout the United States. The most heavily populated area of the name is found in Austria. Looking closer at the name in the United States alway to the specific counties, I found that my name is truely a single family name. The counties the name were located were all the counties of where I have relatives.

With the Giffith name, I found that it is mostly used in Ireland, U.K, Australia, Canada, and the United States. It was found the highest in the United States, Australia, and Ireland.

So when it comes down to me, I guess I'm a little bit of German, Irish, and American. The reason I say German and Irish is because that is what my parents always have told me. When it truley comes down to it though, the only thing I really know I am is TEXAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment