Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In this blog, I wanted to show the relationship from Hawaii to Japan. Many people think that Hawaii is only a United States resort state, however, when I was down there last spring break I was surprised by all the Japanese people there. I soon found out that many Japanese people travel to Hawaii two to three times a year to shop. Shopping is much cheaper in Hawaii then it is in Japan. Also, this surprised me because the brutal attacks half a decade ago on Pearl Harbor. Again I was shocked to see the amount of Japanese people at the monument of the USS Arizona. We seem to live in a bubble in the U.S, but what we don't realize is that place we go are very interesting to others across the world as well.

1 comment:

  1. Jake,
    Nice job on your blog. I like the view you selected of Hawaii. When I visited I also was amazed by the number of Japanese, but geographically it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete